There’s a famous saying that: “If life gives you lemons, then make lemonade”. How can you make lemonade if you yourself can’t purchase or grow some lemons? This citrus fruit is very in demand nowadays because of its benefits not only for your health but also it can treat some skin conditions.
Here’s how you can grow your own lemon tree in your home by only just a seed of a lemon. Before anything else, let’s just know the health benefits of lemon.
Health Benefits of Lemon:
- This fruit is very rich in Vitamin C and flavonoids that fight some infections such as cold and flu by just drinking the lemon juice.
- This citrus fruit can help you in losing weight that makes the condition of the body a great nutritional balance.
- The citric acid can treat serious health conditions like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is also a great stimulant to the liver that can release toxins and poisons inside the body.
- Lemons have powerful antibacterial and antioxidant properties that can treat cancer.
These are the things you will need:
- A pot or any kind of container
- A breathable plastic
- A place where sunlight is seeable
How to plant a seed?
Moisten the soil and place it into the pot or container and add some water. Fill again the moisten soil until it reaches the inch of space below the edge of the pot.
Slice a lemon and get some seeds with a good shape of it. Squeeze the lemon until the juice is removed and make sure that it doesn’t get dry (it needs to be damp when planted). Plant the seed about an inch and water it gently with a small amount of water.
Cover the pot with a breathable plastic, make sure that it remains moist and place it in a warm area where sunlight is visible. Check it for the next weeks and wait for the results, keep your eyes on the plant. If you notice that the plant begins to grow, remove the plastic cover. Once it grew, enjoy your lemons and make some lemonade!