Avocado is rich in vitamins C, K, E, potassium, and fiber. It has an oily acid which is good for your heart. We all know that this sweet fruit is abundant in nutrients and enrich to every prepared meal that adds color and flavor to your food.
Avocado is part of today’s new health diets because of its beneficial health effects it offers. It is well-known nowadays for daily diet and for the health conscious individuals.
Here’s how you can grow your avocado seed in your home in simplest and easiest way.
- All you need is an avocado seed, prepare four toothpicks and attach to the seed. They should be equal in distance from halfway down to the top.
- Dip the seed in a glass of water and let it soak in an inch of water. Let it rest for 2-6 weeks in a warm area and make sure it’s direct from sunlight.
- When the time that roots and stems started to sprout, and the stem grows up to 6-inch long, cut it up to 3 inches and leave to grow and thicken.
- In terms of planting, prepare a 10-inch diameter pot with a soil and make a hole in the center and put the seed inside.
- Let the root rest half on the ground while the other half should be exposed. For a better drainage use a terracotta pot with a hole in the bottom where the root can breathe.
- You must water the roots daily so that it won’t become dry or brown. Check the leaves regularly, if it becomes yellow it means you need to leave the seed dry out and water it with a smaller amount.
- In growing avocado, see to it that you take proper care of it in order to see the quick result of the plant. Perhaps, after that process, you may enjoy your avocado for your diet meal.