Correctly Wash Your Hand
Your hands will lose moisture and will start flaking when you frequently use soap. Follow these simple guidelines to avoid it:
- Avoid using antibacterial soap except when it’s needed. Don’t use soaps with perfumes: they cause irritation and skin dryness. Go for moisturizing soap with ingredients like jojoba oil, olive oil or aloe vera.
- To keep the natural protective layer, don’t wash your hands with hot water. Warm water is a better choice.
- Use paper towels instead of electric dryers.
External factors such as chemicals, cold and dry air cause your hands to be constantly under stress. To lessen the damage, you should wear gloves for all occasions:
- Leather or fur gloves or mittens are best choices for cold weather.
- Use rubber or latex gloves while doing household chores like washing dishes, mopping floors and cleaning the bathtub.
- Cloth gloves for gardening.
Find the Best Moisturizer for Your Hands
Choose a good moisturizing cream wisely because this is as essential as soap or shampoo.
- Apply the moisturizing cream in the morning and evening.
If you have dry skin, put a tube of cream near a sink and apply it every time after washing your hands. For best effect, apply the cream, put on cotton gloves, and go to bed like that.
- Your nails need pampering, too.
You can use hand cream to rub some into your nails. Don’t forget to purchase a vitamin E cream for the cuticles.
- Drink enough water. Your skin asks for moisture from the inside as well as outside.
Remember to Scrub
Aside from cream, it is also important to scrub and mask your hands once a week.
- You may create a hand mask made of products from your fridge. Mix half an avocado, an egg yolk, and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply it to your hands and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Use a mix of olive oil and sugar scrub.
- If you’re too lazy to mix ingredients from your fridge, you can use a body scrub or a face mask, just apply them to your hands as well.
The reason of hand skin hyperpigmentation is not in aging and liver dysfunction, as you may have heard, but the effect of the sun. Age just prompt its accumulative property.
- To avoid heavy pigment spots, frequently apply sunscreen to your hands.
- Citrus fruits are a good natural skin whitener. You can regularly make masks out of 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp milk, and 1 tsp honey.